Monday, March 7, 2011

Tom Yam Soup

We all love a good tomyam soup dont we? Well I tasted this dish in one of our favorite haunts here in Kelantan. A favorite haunt being as unlike the eating outlets in Kuala Lumpur , penang and other states that I have visited so far, the standard of food is a bit low here. Maybe we dont know where to look or somehow the places we already started to enjoy started to loose their touch and the service turned dreadful.

Example, they opened this really great arabic restaurent , the food was great, gorgeous lamb and all but a few months back we headed there again and they didnt even have salad!!!. Seriously!, half the things on the menu wasnt available , we actually had to get up and leave because they couldnt provide a solid meal. This is one reason I like the street food but the sight of stray cats sitting on tables and even on the vendors cooking area scared the mother half of me, which means its not a good idea to let my son eat there. So I always look forward to eating well when travelling to other area's of malaysia.

Now back to my tomyam rice, well have to say a few nice words about this outlet right. Its a food chain here called the Noodle station, they serve various forms of noodles, rice, and even continental dishes and great non alchoholic drinks. The place actually got better instead of getting worse, even the kids menu is quite varied instead of the usual nuggets and chips.

1. Heat a wok, add oil enough to cover a thin layer at the bottom, Stir fry your garlic, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves, till they release their aroma.

3. Now add your rice, make sure you have fluffed it up before adding it into the rice, along with the spring onions, and sausage if using, toss well to combine. Taste season with salt if necessary. Serve with a fried egg on top.

hi, thank you for stopping by at love lives in the kitchen :) for the sauce the best in my opinion are just few drops of olive oil and parmesan cheese. otherwise you can use some melted butter with sage.

Welcome to chillies and lime. So nice of you to stop by at my blog. This blog is about my little adventures in my kitchen. I am not a chef, i am a home cook and I love cooking and trying out recipes , inspired from various cookbooks, the internet and food networks , which is my source to other cuisines. You will also find recipes from my home, Maldives, because I want to introduce it to others and also for maldivians who are searching to try something from back home.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment