Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tower Defense Games Comments,see it..!

When Trenched was revealed by Tim Schafer at the end of this year's Game Developer's Choice Awards ceremony, we knew next to nothing about it. Though we can't tell you how we feel about it ourselves, previews are showing up all over the web that describe the game as a third-person tower-defense title set in an alternate history post-WWI world.

G4 explains that the tower-defense-style battles of Trenched take place atop walking, upgradeable trenches. As it turns out, television monsters (referred to as "tubes") are attacking the world's mobile trenches and handicapped hero Frank Woodrof is bent on defending them. You'll employ Woodrof's ultra-manliness to defeat said "tubes" and restore alternate reality's normalcy. Or, ya know, Double Fine's bizarre version of normalcy in the world of Trenched. Schafer's team expects the game out on Xbox Live Arcade at some point in 2011.

KungFuChaosNinja said I love, love, love tower defense games. This looks like a fresh spin on things, plus it's from Double Fine, so I'll definitely be getting this. Reply Posted: Mar 10th 2011 2:

The Tim said Double Fine sure seems to have the most unique ideas for games out there. Stacking didn't really trip my trigger but I appreciate what it tried to do. Enough so that I'm interested in Trenched now Reply Posted: Mar 10th 2011 2:

hkfooie said Hmm, sounds kinda like the battle sequences in Brutal Legend, which, while I really liked that game overall, were my least favorite part. Reply Posted: Mar 10th 2011 3:

SFX BIGANT said It doesnt matter what you wrap around it, a tower defense game is still just a tower defense game. Guess I will pass on this one I was hoping for some fun Mech on Mech button mashing fun. Reply Posted: Mar 10th 2011 4:

Tommy Gun said I'm actually more interested in this now, because I've only played a few tower defense games. But let's be honest, it's Double Fine, I would have bought it no matter what. Reply Posted: Mar 10th 2011 5:

Octoplus said The concept of an alternate WWII with mechs reminds me of that PS2 game Ring of Red. I'm interested to see how this game turns out. Reply Posted: Mar 10th 2011 6:

Federal Magistrate allows Sony to look up visitors to GeoHot site 237 commentsPlayStation Plus adding online game save storage March 10 163 commentsCrysis 2 vs. Crysis 2: PC and Xbox visuals compared 156 commentsPlaying DS on a 3DS is less than ideal 135 commentsMicrosoft: 10 million Kinect units, Kinect games sold 127 comments EngadgetSprint's Dan Hesse differentiates between ...
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment