Thursday, April 14, 2011

TurboTax,helps Prepare your tax return online

I normally don’t like to reward procrastination but when TurboTax reached out to me and asked if I wanted to offer a minor reprieve for folks looking to complete their taxes over a rare post-April 15th weekend, I agreed. When the average tax return is over three thousand bucks, I would’ve guessed that the average taxpayer would be filed by now. If, however, you are one of the many who will be slaving over your tax return this weekend, you might be able to save yourself a few bucks.

I have three TurboTax Online Deluxe codes to give away and all you need to do is leave a comment as to why you waited this long to complete your return! (if you want to share your procrastination excuse but don’t want to win, say so in the comments) I will randomly pick three names at around noon on Friday and email you the code. If you don’t need it, find a home for it and please don’t let it go to waste. Void where prohibited.

Prepare your tax return online at TurboTax.com using TurboTax Premier 2010 2) In the Print and File section, when you get to the screen that says “Review your TurboTax Fees” click on the link at the bottom of the page that says “Enter Pre-Paid Code” 3) Enter the Pre-Paid Code above.

This code is redeemable at TurboTax.com and good for one free federal + state preparation and e-file with TurboTax Premier Online 2010. This code can only be redeemed once and is only valid through the 2010 tax season. Codes may not be redeemed for cash and are not for resale. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced.

I’m procrastinating because we owe money and I’m trying every possible combination of things to make us owe less. So winning this would be awesome!

We entered everything we had, and noticed an error on my w2. That was first week of February. Then we got a corrected w2 just about a week ago. We had it on this weekend’s list, but we didn’t get around to it.

I waited this long because I lost all of my paperwork! I am going to have to spend all night tonight trying to find it because I lost it all when we moved recently.

I have waited this long because I have a feeling I will owe money. I am a student with no income but I sold some stock for short term gains this year. The longer I wait, the more time I have to pretend I am less broke than I am.

I’m guilty of what James Suroweicki pointed out is a dual fantasy: overweighting the value of the present tense in which I do something else, and undervaluing the stress of delay.

Who wants to do taxes if they have other fun things to do? To be honest, I just don’t feel like doing it until the last minute. No other good excuses – just plain lazy!

I’ve procrastinated because I know I owe money. I worked freelance and didn’t pay estimated taxes because it’s the first time I’m in this position. I’m now making one fourth of my previous salary so I could really use the free code.

I waited so long because I needed to continue making money this year to pay last year’s taxes, and that’s even after paying estimated taxes.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment