Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Scented Candles Idea For Business

A little vanilla or cinnamon in a candle might make you hungry. Lilac may make you long for spring. But what about scents like gear head or fresh mitt? It’s called a Man Can. “My sister was selling candles for school and I was making fun of her because they were really girly scents and the idea came to me that there weren’t any man-scented candles,” said Hart Main, CEO of Man Cans. Hart said he could only find one niche company that sold manly-scented candles on the Internet. So last Thanksgiving, Main launched Man Cans. He donated soup and uses the cans to create the candles. “We just served 250 cans of soup in a soup kitchen in Lima (Ohio) to get the cans. It was supposed to last three months. It lasted three weeks,” he said. Hart has sold 500 candles through the Internet and local stores that carry his product. The buyers aren’t necessarily men. “You don’t have many guys coming in and getting them. Sometimes you hear them say, ‘My husband or boyfriend will love them.’ But a lot of ladies are buying them because they like the smell,” said Eric McCauley, a shop owner. Hart is 13 years old and a student in Marysville, Ohio. “I’m trying to keep a 4.0, but I’ve missed days and it’s hurt my grade. I really don’t have much spare time,” he said. Hart sells the candles for $5, but his cost is about $2.50 per can. He’s made enough to buy himself a nice bicycle.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment