Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Amanda Knox Update

I would think it would be hard to play the character of a real person that you had the opportunity to acutally meet in person, but that you’ve never met. Yet Hayden Panettiere did just that. According to Panettiere, scheduling issues stopped her from being able to make the trip to Italy to meet Amanda Knox, the person she was playing in the Lifetime movie “Amanda Knox: Murder On Trial In Italy”.

Amanda Knox, is a student who decided to spend time in Italy to go to college in italy in 2007. Shortly after she arrived there, she was arrested and convicted of killing her British roommate, Meredith Kercher. She is currently serving a 26-year jail sentence and trying to appeal her conviction. Her ex-boyfriend and another man were convicted of sexual assualt and murder.

“There were people who had mixed feelings about me meeting her, whether it had to do with my performance or their fear that she would tell me not to do it or say that she wasn’t OK with it,” Panettiere told reporters in a teleconference this week.

How would she have responded to Knox telling her that? “…I would respond: ‘Look, they are going to do this film, whether it is me playing you or not. At least I can sit in front of you and tell you that I will do my best to do you justice.’ It didn’t work out because of scheduling. I would have had to go with her family to do that. She only gets to see her family for two days (a week.) So, to impede on that didn’t seem like the right thing to do.”

Do you agree with Panettiere’s reasoning or do you think she should have met Knox? I thin that to portray her accurately, she should’ve tried to spend some time with her.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment