Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lindsey Vonn: Homecoming queen

Doug Haney | U.S. Ski TeamMINTURN, Colorado — Parker McDonald has done about everything on skis a kid can, but he has never done anything as death-defying as this.

“I thought, ‘I need a date and there's Lindsey Vonn. I'll ask her!'” McDonald said. “She walked by my lunch table and I whipped out the question.”

Admit it. If you're a guy, Parker McDonald is your new hero, the Carpe Diem King, and Lindsey Vonn is your all-time Homecoming Queen.

She was visiting the Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy in Minturn, Vonn says on her Facebook page, when Parker whipped up the courage most of us wish we had.

“Yesterday I visited the Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy and while I was eating lunch with all the students a 16 year old boy named Parker asked me if I would be his date for their homecoming dance, which is tonight,” Vonn wrote. “When Parker asked me he was cute, nervous and very polite so of course I said YES! :)”

“All through school growing up I never got the chance to go to a school dance so I'm excited for tonight!” Vonn wrote Friday afternoon.

VSSA is the nation's first public winter sports academy. It's for students in grades 6-12 who can train six days a week in the winter, and still get their homework done through flexible scheduling and online access to their teachers.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment