Saturday, June 25, 2011

The entire golf world is talking about Tiger Woods

“I couldn’t ask for much more, and I’m just so happy to be holding this trophy. I know how good Tiger was in 2000 to win by 15 in Pebble. I was trying to go out there and emulate him in some way. I played great for four days, and I couldn’t be happier.”

“He’s the best player I’ve ever seen. I didn’t have a chance to play with Tiger when he was in his real pump, and this guy is the best I’ve ever seen, simple as that. He’s great for golf. He’s a breath of fresh air for the game and perhaps we’re ready for golf’s next superstar and maybe Rory is it.” – Northern Irishman and 2010 U.S.

“If you are going to talk about someone challenging Jack’s record, there’s your man. Winning majors at 22 with his talent — he would have 20 more years, so probably 100 more majors in him where he could be competitive. It would give him a great chance.” – Ireland’

“He will be and already is a celebrity, but he is a golfer first. In this day and age, it’s very difficult. He needs to make certain golf is the first thing, as well as his motivation and desire to be great. My motivation was that I wanted to be the best I could be in the sport, and once I got close to Bob Jones’ record, that became my motivation. I think Rory has got his head screwed on pretty well and I think he’ll keep it there. It was obviously an unbelievable performance.”

“I think this kid’s going to have a great career. I don’t think there’s any question about it. He’s got all the components. He’s got a lot of people rooting for him. He’s a nice kid. He’s got a pleasant personality. He’s humble when he needs to be humble, he’s confident when he needs to be confidenct.”

“It feels good, it feels great. It’s nice to be able to call myself a major champion. I’ve got three weeks off and then the British Open, so I want to take it easy and let it sink in.”
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment