Friday, June 24, 2011

Brooklyn Decker is heading to the Special Olympics World Games in Greece

Model Brooklyn Decker is heading to the Special Olympics World Games in Greece.

The 24-year-old has been named a Special Olympics Ambassador after spending the last year and a half working for the Special Olympics.

The World Summer Games in Athens, Greece, will kick off on June 25.

Speaking to Us Weekly about her new role, she said: '[My aunt] is a Special Olympics athlete, so I grew up around the organisation.

'I would go to her practices and play with all the athletes and hang out and it was a really kind of fun way to spend my weekend.

'When I started working in this business, I wanted to get involved on the official, national level. So about a year and a half ago, I got officially involved in the Special Olympics.'

Her husband Andy Roddick, a pro tennis player, has been doing his bit to help out.

She said: 'He sends the team tennis shoes, T-shirts, and a lot of Lacoste clothes. All the extra stuff he gets he tries to send out to North Carolina so all the athletes are decked out in Lacoste.'
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment